Wednesday 14 February 2018

100 word challenge

Fallen city

My breath came in short, sharp bursts. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it would explode. The explosion had come so fast. Our school blown to pieces. It was all I could do to get my brother and I to safety. We ran so very fast. I wasn’t surprised. Syria was no longer the country I remembered vaguely from my childhood. We had moved far away from Aleppo when the war had begun but nowhere in Syria was completely safe anymore. In the distance I heard a teacher calling for all of the students. We ran out into the sunshine, surrounded by the remains of our broken city.

1 comment:

  1. Ellena, it is great seeing you make connections between what we are reading and your writing. It is a interesting and creative piece of text, made so by your choose of words e.g. vaguely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete